While everyone else is jumping on the deep learning bandwaggon, recently I have been increasingly getting interested in the following topics:
- the intersection between mobility and geocomputation
- from collaborative information-seeking to collaborative sense-making and personal as well as organizational knowledge management generally
- machine learning, IR and NLP methods for topic modeling (topic induction, topic taxonomy induction, topic detection & tracking)
- data, business models, ethics & society
- new evaluation regimes, e.g. measuring actual productivity gain or “bang for the buck”
What research topics excite you these days?